Introducing our new KING Forged CB/MB irons that deliver the feel, precision, control, and workability desired by the world’s best players. These clubs were designed in tandem with Rickie Fowler’s custom gamers. Rickie trusts these irons week in and week out to deliver buttery soft feel and unrivaled precision. “These high-performance COBRA irons consistently deliver the workability and shot-shaping control that I need to be competitive on course. I’ve been playing them for a few years, and know better players are going to appreciate the sleek look and soft feel, along with the ability to work the ball without sacrificing forgiveness,” said Rickie.
For your viewing pleasure, here’s a video of Rickie hitting a stinger using his KING MB 4 iron.
The unique 4-PW set configuration flows from a forgiving players cavity-back (CB) shape in the 4-6 irons to a traditional muscle-back (MB) shape in the 7-PW and is designed to deliver more playability compared to the full MB proto set Rickie has in the bag. The CB design in the long irons (4-6 irons), features a perimeter-weighted muscle cavity that maintains a workable trajectory and soft feel with added forgiveness on mishits. The traditional MB shape in the 7-PW is designed for ultimate precision, shot-shaping and scoring. The KING Forged CB/MB irons undergo a 5-step forging process that delivers precise shaping, a more refined grain structure, and superior feel demanded by the world’s best players, including Rickie. Below are the key features that help the KING Forged CB/MB irons deliver unmatched feel and precision.
- Tour Proven Blade Shape– A classic blade shape delivers a compact look preferred by better players and increases precision and workability to optimize scoring.
- CNC Milled Face & Grooves – CNC milling delivers the most precise face and groove structures possible for improved spin and trajectory. COBRA utilizes more aggressive wedge grooves through the set to enhance trajectory and spin control.
- Tungsten Tour Weighting– Reconfigured to match Rickie’s irons on Tour, two 6 gram tungsten inserts are strategically positioned on the toe and the sole to lower and center the CG behind the hitting zone for added forgiveness, feel and trajectory control.
- Flow Set Design– A progressive set composition flows gradually from forgiving, easier to hit cavity back long irons (2-6 iron) to muscle back short irons (7-PW) for an emphasis on precision and scoring.
- Diamonized Black Metal (DBM)Finish – COBRA’s most durable satin black finish provides extreme resistance to wear, helping to maintain a sleek look over a longer period of time, while reducing glare for a visually appealing and professional look preferred by better players.
- COBRA CONNECT–The COBRA CONNECT, Powered by Arccos™ system features electronically enabled grips that work in conjunction with the Arccos Caddie app to give users the ability to track their stats and improve their game. Those that purchase a 7-piece set of KING Forged CB/MB irons can redeem seven free COBRA CONNECT grips to equip the rest of their set with shot tracking technology.
The KING Forged CB/MB irons come standard with regular or stiff flex KBS $-Taper (black PVD) shafts and are the first COBRA irons to feature Golf Pride Tour Velvet grips integrated with COBRA CONNECT embedded sensors. The stock set make-up is 4-PW (4-6 CB, 7-PW MB) with optional 2-iron, 3-iron and Gap Wedge complements available through custom. The KING Forged CB/MB irons are available in both right-hand and left-hand sets. A full CB set is available through custom in RH and LH, and a full MB set is available in RH only.